NAEA October Housing market report :
- The number of prospective buyers and the supply of available housing fell
- The number of sales agreed remained the same whilst sales to FTBs decreased
Supply of available properties
- The number of properties available per member branch fell in October, from 40 in September to 39, the lowest amount seen since June
- Year-on-year, the supply of housing is down, falling from 40 in October 2018.
Figure 1: Supply of available properties per branch
Demand for housing
- The number of house hunters registered per estate agent branch decreased in September, from 433 to 387
- Year-on-year, housing demand is up, rising from 338 house hunters per branch in September 2018.
Sales to FTBs
- The number of sales made to FTBs decreased in October, to 27 per cent from 30 per cent in September
- Year-on-year, this is an increase of four percentage points from October 2018 when it stood at 23 per cent.
- The number of sales agreed per member branch remained at eight in October.